Thursday 14 February 2013

Mason Jar Taco Salad

I guess mason jars are the new tupperware. I have to admit, I love seeing the rainbow layers of a nice jar salad, verses an opaque container. You need a separate bowl to dump the salad in, which is the only draw back. Sometimes I pack them lose, so it's easier to eat.


Ingredients:
fills 2 jars
1/2 cup of corn
1/3 shredded broccoli
4 tbsp graded cheese (Daiya works as well) 
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 handfuls of spinach

Extra dressing:
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp salsa

I made the extra dressing and kept it in a separate container. If you have enough sauce from the beans you don't really need a separate dressing.

I don't think this recipe needs it's own "Directions" section. It's pretty self explanatory. 

And now I don't have to worry about tomorrows lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment