Tuesday 29 January 2013

Zucchini Cake

Zucchini cake is one of my favorite things to bake (In reality I think I like eating it more then baking it.). Normally I would try and do some kind of icing, or drizzle, but I was pressed for time when taking these photos. 


Have some zucchini you need to use? Put it in a cake!

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp  cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp  nutmeg
1 egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup each vegetable oil and milk (I used Almond Milk)
2 tsp  vanilla
1-1/2 cups  grated (unpeeled) zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, (optional)

Directions:
In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.

In separate bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini, and walnuts (if using). Pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Scrape into greased pan.

Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.



"I'm also good with chocolate chips!"

No comments:

Post a Comment