I have to admit, the only reason these cookies came about is because I ran out of parchment paper to cover my cookie sheet. So I improvised with my mini muffin tin and some liners.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from this recipe
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg (or 1 flax egg)
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats, cinnamon and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough 2" apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.