Monday 11 March 2013

Crumbled Tofu & Spinach Salad

Sometimes when cooking tofu I can be lazy. That's why I'm glad I discovered this "technique" (I'm using that term loosely.) Crumbling your tofu into a heated, oiled pan, is the quickest and easiest way I've found to cook it. Usually I'll press my tofu before this, but let's be honest, who always has time for that?


Crumbled Tofu & Spinach Salad
Salad:
1/2 cup tofu crumble
1/2 cup chopped apple (I used gala)
sliced red onion
handful of chopped almonds
handful of dried cranberries
spinach

Dressing:
1 tsp hemp oil (olive oil would do)
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
splash of dijon mustard and lemon juice



Directions:
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Crumble tofu into the pan and saute for 5-7 mins, until beginning to brown. Stir periodically. (I like to add some balsamic vinegar and honey to my tofu right before it comes off the pan, but that's optional.)

2. Add dressing to your jar, after tofu has cooled, add it as well. Then the chopped apple, cranberries  almonds, onion and fill the rest with spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment